Specialty Services in West Palm Beach, FL
Musician Ear Plugs/Hearing Protection
Musicians are exposed to high levels of sound, which may put them at risk for permanent hearing loss. We address this issue by providing musician’s earplugs, custom-made devices that help limit sound exposure, while still providing a rich musical experience to the performer. Noise plugs are also custom-made devices. They reduce sound exposure from loud sounds such as lawn mowers, chainsaws, power tools, etc.
Swim Ear Plugs (all ages)
Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJD) are a group of painful conditions that affect the jaw joint and surrounding muscles and nerves. Although TMJD is not life threatening, it can be detrimental to quality of life since the symptoms can become chronic and difficult to manage. People with TMJ disorders may exhibit a variety of symptoms including:
- Pain in the chewing muscles and/or jaw joint
- Radiating pain in the face, jaw or neck
- Jaw muscle stiffness
- Aching pain in and around ears
- Difficulty or discomfort while chewing
- Limited movement or locking jaw
- Painful clicking, popping or grinding in the jaw joint when opening or closing the mouth
- Headaches or migraines
- A change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together
Our practice offers TMJ NextGeneration™, a product consisting of a pair of prosthetic devices, each of which is inserted into one of the ear canals to reduce TMJ pain. The devices conform to the shape of the ear canal when the jaw is in an open position and are hollow inside, permitting full passage of sound.